July 8, 2026- Wednesday

 No lessons and no responsibilities which meant a day with endless opportunities! We first did our work project out in the yard. We had one more board that I cut to make the back panel behind the slide and one more of the walls with windows. The boys screwed in the windows and worked on weeding in different areas. We jumped in the pool and then headed to go bowling. (There is free bowling during the summer where you just have to pay for the shoes.)

We played almost two games but at the end of the second Amanda from school called saying the Spanish teacher was asking about curriculum. The kids were done anyways and wanted to get home for lunch, it was good timing because Calvin had a lesson at 2 and we got home just before that. I ran over to the school where I visited with the new Spanish teacher and with Karli. I got home about 5:00, where I helped just a bit with getting dinner started and then we all watched Grease the movie. (I have mixed feelings on that movie- in some ways I do not like it at all and don't think I should be showing it to my kids but in other ways I really love it. I guess it comes down to this, there is some good in it but also bad...normally the bad is looked at as being bad but still it is shown as acceptable. Again mixed feelings)

After the movie it was closed to 7 and the kids went down to eat dinner and I ran over to the church to renew my temple recommend. I came home and then realized that I needed to go to home depot to have things for our workproject in the morning.

Joy: Everything about the whole day..yard project, bowling with the kids, getting to meet the Spanish teacher, talking to Karli, temple recommend interview, and late night trip to Home Depot





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 20, 2026 Tuesday

April 25, 2026- Saturday

April 12, 2026- Sunday